Any organisation whose primary focus is not bushwalking but is sympathetic to BWA’s objectives and interests, may apply online for Affiliate membership of BWA.
If your organisation supports BWA’s voluntary work for bushwalking and protecting our natural environment, why not join now so you can enjoy the benefits of being a BWA Affiliate Member?
Benefits of being a BWA Affiliate Member organisation
- Demonstrate support for BWA’s objects and interests
- Be associated with a popular, healthy, outdoor recreational activity which encourages the community to discover, value and protect our natural environment ;
- Synergies – BWA is open to working cooperatively with Affiliate organisations on matters of mutual or overlapping interests.
- Awareness of recreational bushwalking and forest environment issues in WA – As WA’s recognised peak body and advocate for bushwalking, BWA keeps its members informed on a wide range of important issues that affect bushwalking opportunities and quality in WA.
- Information – Receive up-to-date news and other information relevant to the wider bushwalking community, the walk trails industry, Government agencies, conservationists, the Shires and others; via this website and regular BWA eNews and email alerts.
- Networking – Involvement with BWA provides opportunities to meet and mix at general meetings with others having a mutual interest in bushwalking and/or the outdoors, and to participate in BWA working groups.
- Visibility – Affiliate members are also encouraged to support BWA through sponsorship or by becoming a Non-funding Supporter and so extend their reach through display of logo (with link) on the BWA website and in Newsletters.
Existing Affiliate Members
If you are a representative for an existing Affiliate Member organisation please submit the online form with your group’s updated contact details at any time.